Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Training Log: Upper Body Day




I’m a week behind.  The following is my training log from last Wednesday March 13.

Power

  • A1: Med Ball Shot Put  3x5
  • A2: Russian Kettle Bell (RKB) plank. 3 for 10seconds

What is the difference between a RKB plank and a regular plank? Good question.
If you look at them side by side they look exactly the same however, in a RKB plank, you have to hold everything tight: Abs, But, calves etc. and isometrically pull your toes and elbows together.
If you aren’t shaking and you can hold it for more than 10 seconds you aren’t doing it right.


 Strength
Primary movement:

  • B1: Bench 6 sets 5

70lbs, 65lbs, 75lbs for 3, 70lbs, 70lbs, 70lbs

I didn’t think I could do 6 sets of 5 at 70lbs and I really wanted to push and get at least 1 set at 75lbs.  So I dropped to 65lbs for one set hoping that the break would allow me to handle 75lbs.  Since I only got one set of 3 I went back to 70lbs for the remaining three sets.

  • B2: bench T-spine extension



Secondary movements:

  • C1: Chin ups/negatives: 4 sets of 5
  • C2: seated cable row: v grip: 4 sets 12
  • C3: Palloff Press: 4 sets 8


Finisher:

  • Ladder: pushups/goblet squat

Do 1 push up and 10 goblet squats, 2 push ups and 9 squats continue with as little rest until you do a final set of 10 pushups and 1 squat.

It’s time to eat!

  1. Breakfast: Meat muffin spinach
  2. Pre-workout snack: Greens plus bar
  3. Lunch: Meat muffin Spinach
  4. Snack: orange
  5. Dinner: ½  chicken quesadilla
  6. Snack: Greens plus bar





No comments:

Post a Comment