Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Embracing the SUCK: Part 2

Embracing the SUCK!! Part 2




A few weeks ago I discussed the need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.  At that time I was talking about training specifically to reach your goals.

However,  it actually goes for most things in life.  For example,  I was laid off this past week.
Now for the most part, my first response was OH F(&*K, this totally sucks.

I love my job, what am I going to do now, how will I pay my bills? etc etc.

But once I calmed down and realized, you know I'll be ok.  It's not like I haven't been down this road before and I always managed, and started to think of all the advantages to being laid off right now.
Like cleaning my fridge:



  1. It's summer.  It's way better to lose your job in the Summer than the Winter for obvious reasons.
  2.  I now have all the time to do the things I haven't been able to do because I was working 50+ hours a week:cleaning my fridge, laundry, cooking
  3. I can really concentrate on my training and nutrition without pesky distractions like work.
  4. Did I mention that it's Summer!!! Beach here I come!!!

The point is, life is full of ups and downs.  It's our mindset on how we deal with especially negative events that truly determine what happens next.

In some respects seemingly negative events can be viewed as "neutral" neither good no bad. As I stated before, I really loved my job.  I received so much satisfaction knowing I was honestly helping people get healthy and change their lives, but there were also frustrations as I often felt constrained by a one size fits all training and nutritional strategy.

Now that I have been freed from those constraints, I am at liberty to be my authentic self and hopefully find an opportunity to fully express myself and help others achieve their health and wellness goals.

I am grateful for my tenure at my most recent job.  Through it I realized I do have a passion for health and wellness and for working with people.  I met and made friends with some incredible women and hope that these relationships will continue in some manner.

In closing I would like to give a heartfelt thanks to everyone who supported me and continue to support me.  To my clients, I could not have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment