Friday, June 21, 2013

Rant Warning: Grow the F Up and Take Responsibility

Rant warning!!!!



I don’t rant very often at least not on paper.  Normally I save my ranting for friends and family.
I find ranting verbally much more satisfying than writing and that’s most likely do to the fact that when your RANT verbally you don’t think you just say, whereas on paper you actually have to think about what your writing and then edit.  But I digress.

This is meant to be a rant.  What am I ranting about today, Accountability.
from: Merriam-Webster's Learners Dictionary:

2
 : required to be responsible for something 
 If anything goes wrong I will hold you personally accountable! — often + for  They hold youaccountable for your mistakes.  Each child is accountable [=responsiblefor his or her own behavior

I hired Mike Anderson to write my training programs because I wasn't holding myself accountable to myself for doing what I know needs to be done to reach my goals.  Plus Mike is WAYYYY smarter than me when it comes to getting people wicked strong.

Mike tells me to do something I do it and in return I get stronger.  Now if I don’t do what Mike tells me to do, OR I half ass it and I don’t make progress I can’t hold anyone responsible for not meeting my goals except myself.

As long as Mike gives me sound advice and writes me solid training programs then he has lived up to his side of the deal.

So here is the rant, if you hire someone to give you advice and you don’t take it and continue to do things your own way, then you have no one to blame if you fail except yourself.
If you don’t show up or you keep finding excuses for why you can’t do this or can’t do that, then it’s your fault.

Finding an external person to be accountable to for helping you achieve your goals is awesome.  Very few of us can hold ourselves accountable to ourselves in every area of life, BUT that does not absolve you from personal responsibility.  At the end of the day, it’s still your responsibilities to get the job done.
Your coach, trainer, teacher, boss can encourage you, motivate you and guide you but they can’t do the work for you.


It’s time to grow the F up, be an adult and take responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment